Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm Baaack!

Hi you guys,
I know it's been forever since I updated, but lots of things happened to me and Mom and so I couldn't write for a long time. Mom was living in her house with auntie Julia like before, but then, in the middle of the summer of 2008, Mom's dad said they had to leave and take care of Mom's mom, Grandma. Mom's dad, Grandpa, was leaving Grandma and moving into their house and so we had to go live with Grandma and my brother Marlin.
It was ok, but Mom was very sad. I remember she cried a lot and I had to give her lots of cuddles. She also talked on the phone to this guy she knew named Adam. I wanted to meet him cause he sounded nice. Anyway, Mom and me and Auntie Julia lived at their parents' house for a long time and Mom was very sad. I tried to play with my brother Marlin to make me feel better, but he didn't want to play anymore the longer it went into Fall. Mom thought it was just because he was getting old, but in the winter, we found out he had cancer on his throat. He was in a lot of pain and didn't want to play anymore.
Mom talked a lot to her vet and they decided to give him medicine to make him feel better, but not to give him medicine to make the cancer better, because they said they didn't want him to suffer. He was happy for a while and wasn't in pain anymore, but then, in the early spring of 2009, Mom saw that the tumor on his neck was infected and leaking some bad smelling stuff.
The week she noticed it was a busy week for me. Remember that guy Mom had been on the phone with? Well she had gone to see him and she couldn't take me with her because he had loose dogs on his property and she didn't want me to get hurt. I was sad when she left because I always go with Mom, and when she got back I was mad at her for a day. I got to meet the guy though. His name is Adam and I love him! He cuddles with me and talks to me and gives me all the pets and treats I could want. Mom loves him too and he's living up here now, but back to when I first met him...
He was here when Mom noticed the bad infection with my brother Marlin. She and Grandma took him to the vet and they decided it was time to put him to sleep. I think he was happy for the pain to go away, and happy to get this huge cone off his neck. He had been sad about that all week and Mom hated seeing it on him. On Friday, March 20th of 2009, we all got into the car and drove to the vet's office. Mom, Marlin, Auntie Julia and Grandma all went into a little room. I stayed outside with Adam, but I was really sad because everyone else was. I just looked up at him and whimpered a lot... I think sometimes it would be nice to use words.
Mom was very sad for a while after that. I remember she cried a lot and hugged me a lot. I miss my brother Marlin, but I'm glad Mom let me sniff him after he'd died, because then I didn't wonder where he was and why he wasn't coming back.
Things have slowly gotten better for Mom and me. We went to work last summer at a hospital. Mom did research for the hospital and wrote a lot. Mom's coworkers all loved me and they said I was their office Mascot. We both liked the work and were very sorry to see the job end, but everyone has been saying that the Economy is bad... whatever that means. Hey, as long as I get food, I'm happy.
Earlier this Spring, my leg started to hurt me. Mom had to figure out what it was but we found out that I had some weak muscles on my back left leg. I had to go back to physical therapy to fix it, but I was so happy to see Dr. Julia and Jenny again. They worked with my leg to fix it and now I feel much better.
Well like I said before Mom's boyfriend, my other human, Adam, moved up here and he lives here now. I love it that he's here cause he makes Mom very happy and me happy too. Mom just had a talk with her parents a couple of weeks ago and guess what? They've all decided that Mom, Adam, Auntie Julia and me can all move back into the house we lived in before! I'm so happy about that and so is Mom. We can't wait for that. I'll have my room and my crate and my potty spot back. I haven't changed much, but there is this one thing... Well... I'm really scared of thunderstorms. i try to hide behind Mom when they start and I whine and pant a lot. Mom puts me in my crate with a blanket thrown over it when they come and I like that. She also bought me a new toy called a Bob-A-Lot and I love it. You push it around and food comes out, it's great
Well, that's what's happened with me and Mom, and I'll try to update more, but right now there's a thunderstorm coming so I wanna take cover.
bye for now... EEEp!
Torpy!

No comments: