Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Cabin and Mom's job interview

Hi Guys,
Wow what a week I've had! Member last time, how I told you I was going to the cabin with Mom? Well we went last week and just got back this past Sunday. When we drove up there, I couldn't ride with Mom in the same car. I did not like that, cause I'm always with her and it made me nervous. I watched her as she drove away with Auntie Julia. I still kept looking for her, but I settled down once I figured out that my other human, Adam, and Mom's mom, Katie, were taking care of me. I know them and so I felt safe, but I still missed Mom.
Mom said she couldn't take me in her car because she and Auntie Julia had to take my little brother Romeo. Auntie Julia adopted him last fall. He's a miniature dachhound and he's got long red fur. He and I get along well. I was very good about not barking before he came along though, and now, I'm not. Hey... if he barks at something, I wanna know what he's barking at. Mom doesn't like it and so now, we both have those horrid bark collars... eww!
Anyway, we got to the cabin and had lots of fun. I got to smell all the new animal smells and Mom took me for walks in the woods. On one of the days, Mom took me down to the lake. I had an idea that she wanted to give me a bath because I saw the shampoo bottle come out, so when I was standing on the dock, I jumped right in the water. Mom hadn't been expecting it, but she gave me praise because I was being good.
I didn't like the water and I'd forgotten how to swim, but Mom was very patient with me and I remembered how after about a minute.
I swam around a little bit so I could get wet and then Mom gave me a bath. She says I was better behaived during this bath than others I've had. I don't know why she thought that, maybe because there were fishes in the lake I could watch.
after she'd gotten my fur all sudzy, I swam around again to let it rince out and then I was done.
Mom took me up to the cabin and I had to stay outside on the porch while I dried off. I did not like that at all. I barked a lot to let everyone know I was mad. I also really... really had to pee, but no one was paying attention, and so I peed a little bit on the floor. I know, it's a huge no-no in my house too, but I just couldn't hold it anymore. Auntie Julia took me out right away and I went out there. Everyone felt bad that they hadn't been paying attention to me, and so no one yelled at me... sigh... I wish humans understood us sometimes.
After that day, Mom's brother Peter, came up with his girlfriend, Megan, and her sister, Nicole. Mom's niece zoe came with too and so the house was crowded. They also had three other other dogs with them. Pete and Megan own two dogs named Cash and Carter. They're both mutts, and much younger than me, but they like to play and so do i. Megan's sister Nicole owns a Boston Tarier named Bass, and he and Romeo played, cause they're the same size. We all had fun playing with each other.
The morning after they came up, another dog came into the yard. None of us had ever seen him before, but I got excited because I knew he was another yellow lab like me. He was this really dark red color, darker than me and he was nice. None of Mom's family knew who he belonged to, but he had a name and number on his tags. His name was Firestoker and Mom's brother called the number on his tag. They found the owners and took him back home.
I would never want to run away from my home like that. I'd miss my mom too much, but I guess he liked to run away. Mom says it's because he wasn't "Fixed" She says it means he can have puppies with a girl dog. Mom says I can't. She says I got fixed when I was seven weeks old. I don't remember that, cause it sounds weird, if not painful.
Anyway, we had to leave the cabin the next day, and again... I couldn't ride back with Mom. Romeo whined a ton before we left and I couldn't figure out why. Was he excited about the car ride? I know i was. I love car-rides. Was he afraid we would leave him? Come on... they'd never do that. I don't know what it was, but I was calm and just went with whatever Mom had to do. I missed Mom on the ride home though, but Katie said I was good and that I stayed quiet. Of course I did... I, unlike Romeo, have class... Ha-Ha!
Anyway, after we got home, Mom started telling me about this thing she had to go to today called a job interview. We went this morning and for the most part, it was really boring, at least for me. Oh sure there are all sorts of new smells to investigate, but when I'm working of course I can't smell them... nooo! All I got to do wwas lie there while Mom talked to a bunch of people. I know, I was being good, but it was boring. I do hope Mom gets the job though, cause then we'll have somewhere to go everyday.
Well, we're home from the interview now, and I think I'll end this for now. I think it's nap time for Mom and me... we've had a long day today. I'll update more soon.
bye for now,
Torpy

No comments: